What Is The “Applied Posture Riding” Program?
This is a complete mentoring program for horse riders.
You cannot fix your posture problems in the saddle.
You need to, first, test for strength, length, and flexibility, you then need to train to reset your posture for riding and then start the process of transferring your new riding skills to the saddle.
It has been proven that unmounted, correct rider-specific Movement Patterns will train you to be a better rider. Once your posture has been reset you can apply this in the saddle.
A balanced riding posture that has symmetry, core strength, and independent isolation skills, is the goal every rider is targeting. Better skills allow you and your horse to enjoy riding. The fighting will stop and the fun will begin.
You need a starting point, this requires self-testing and understanding your own posture problems. Once you have your problems sorted you can start your training program. By training your core and fixing your muscle imbalances out of the saddle you will correct your own little habitual muscle problems.
Pilates will only train your core in a “neutral spine” Riders need the skill and strength to use their core in a “non-neutral spine”.
By training your core and fixing your muscle imbalances out of the saddle you will correct your own little habitual muscle problems.
Every Rider has Muscle Imbalances. What are yours?
Once you address them:
- you will stop confusing your horse and block him with your asymmetries
- you will be able to sit upright and engage your seat effectively
- you will be able to apply your lower leg with consistent correct aids
- you will stop using the reins for balance and allow your horse to move forward
- jumping will become fun and safe as you stay with your horse over fences
The Applied Posture Riding Program will show how to identify your own muscle imbalances, your own weak areas, your own areas of stiffness, and your own habits.
Yes, we all have habits to be reset. Injury has a huge effect on your riding as does having a baby or just having a break from riding to live your life.
Any asymmetry in your Posture will affect your riding.
A dropped shoulder, twisted hips, and a dominant hand, all affect your riding.
The Core is the Basic Training For All Riders.
Dressage is the Basic Training For All Horses.
Do you know if you have a weak core? Yes! Do you know how to test it? No!
Do you suffer from lower back pain and have been told to quit riding? Yes!
Do you know how to train yourself for riding? No!
Correct Testing of all your muscles and then applying the correct movement patterns is what you need. Many riders are doing floor exercises and attending classes and still not changing their riding! Why?
Exercises are not enough!
- You need to have a starting point
- You need to know your own muscle imbalances
- You need to know your own areas of weakness and stiffness
- You need to know just how dominant or one-sided you are with your posture
- You will have habits and resting postures that affect your riding.
Do you know what they are?
So Who am I?
My name is Annette Willson.
I am a Physiotherapist. I am a retired elite rider and Functional Core Stability Training and Posture Training is my specialty.
My program Applied Posture Riding is a complete program to train “The Fundamentals Of Riding With Your Core”
You will learn:
- all about the riding muscle’s function and anatomy
- how to self-test your own muscles
- how to do a core crunch
- how to engage your core on-demand
- how to strengthen your core
- how to use your core in daily life
- how to train core for riding
- how to train all your riding muscles
- specific rider movement patterns
- independent isolation for your seat, lower legs, and hands
- floor, ball, and standing rider-specific exercises
- finally, you will learn how to apply your new posture when riding
So How Can You Buy My Applied Posture Riding Program?
I have three different entry points and three different prices. You only need to choose one of these formats.
1. The Applied Posture Riding Hardcover book. This is the 1st edition of my program
2. The Applied Posture Riding E-book. As the program grew I added more content and made it available in digital form.
If you are on a budget and are happy to learn through reading and pictures then you have the option to buy the E-book as a stand-alone learning manual.
Once payment is complete you can download the E-Book as a PDF document. I offer full support via email to answer any questions. This is available in my shop.
3. The Ultimate Learning Experience is in the Membership Mentoring Program.
Once you become an Applied Posture Riding Member you will have access to the program via a membership login. This mentoring program is the complete package offering step-by-step lessons from unmounted to applying your new skills in the saddle. The membership program includes the E-book, all the videos, and a lot more content to enhance your learning.
- The E-Book manual is included.
- All the Videos are included.
- The bonus education about posture and training was included.
- The rider videos transferring the training to the saddle.
- Bonus videos about common rider problems.
- Videos on how to fix common problems.
I will be continuing to add dressage and young horse training lessons.
I will also continue to add videos and info about injury and rehabilitation.
After Part 1 and 2 have been established I have provided ongoing videos and support to continue your training.
You can contact me and ask any questions.
I am always available to teach and help I love what I do And I love the results riders have.
If you have any more qs just ask.
You can join via this link, scroll to the bottom of the page to see the join now button.
Join The 24 Month Membership Program
I am certain I can change the way you ride, if you want to discuss anything please contact me, I am happy to answer any questions.